UNIT 7: ECONOMIC REFORMS
LANGUAGE FOCUS (TRỌNG TÂM NGÔN NGỮ)
* Pronunciation: Strong and weak forms of auxiliaries.
* Grammar: Adverbial clauses of concession: Although, Though, Even though.
Exercise 1. Nối các cặp câu sau với Although / Even though.
Đáp án gợi ý.
1. Although it rained a lot, we enjoyed our vacation.
2. Although we had planned everything carefully, a lot of things went wrong.
3. Even though/Although the doctor has advised him to quit, Bob (still) smokes 20 cigarettes a day.
4. Although it was cold and rainy, we managed to go to class in time.
Thật vô vọng khi hy vọng rằng có thể làm nhân dân hạnh phúc bằng chính trị.
It is a vain hope to make people happy by politics.